AGENCY APPLICATION PROCESS
WHO CAN GET TICKETS?
Tickets for Kids Charities partners with organizations (agency partners) that serve low-income, at-risk children and youth to supplement their existing programming with ticketed experiences.
These programs can include: residential, mentoring, behavioral health counseling, after-school program, summer day camps, and other types of services. TFK ticketed experiences are provided to approved agency partners at no cost to their organizations or clientele.
Organizations applying for partnership must provide direct programming to low-income, at-risk children/youth and can include:
- Nonprofit, social service agencies that are a 501(c)(3) as determined by the IRS.
- Charter, private, and public schools with a student base that is primarily low-income.
- Government agencies that serve low-income families.
- Tickets for Kids does not serve PTAs/PTOs, Girl/Boy Scout troops or church congregations. We do serve church-based ministry programs that have outreach to the wider community.
- Tickets for Kids does not distribute tickets directly to individuals or families.
HOW DO WE BECOME AN AGENCY PARTNER?
In order to become a TFK agency partner, you and your organization must go through the following steps in the agency application process. The entire process takes between 4-8 weeks.
- Complete the application form. Completing the form takes approximately 30 minutes and you will be asked for the following information:
If you represent a large organization with multiple programs, it is best to submit separate applications on behalf of the various programs, rather than for one centralized organization. When submitting your application, indicate separate programs after a hyphen, e.g. "Pressley Ridge – Day School" or "YMCA - Homewood."
- The percentage of your clientele that is low-income and at-risk
- The number and age range of the children you serve
- EIN- Employer Identification Number, or Federal Tax ID- Check with your Director or Development Department. The IRS assigns your organization with this number.
Once the application materials have been reviewed, a TFK staff person will be in touch to let you know if your organization has been approved for partnership. If approved for partnership, you will take these next steps:
- For the document submission portion, you will be required to upload the documents from the application form. There are no exceptions to this process as this allows us to store these documents electronically within our system. If you encounter any difficulty, please try to find some assistance from another staff person, volunteer, or youth within your organization.
- You will be required to submit your 501(c)(3), or other documentation that demonstrates your organization’s tax-exempt status.
- You will be required to submit a list of your board of directors.
- Your organization will be asked to appoint one main contact. This person will be the person communicating with the TFK staff and will request and report on tickets. This document describes the requirements and time-commitment for a TFK main contact.
- This main contact will need to submit an orientation agreement signed by the executive director. If the main contact is the executive director, the form should be signed by a board member.
- After these documents have been reviewed, the main contact will be invited to attend a mandatory orientation session (either in person in Pittsburgh or the Twin Cities, or online through a TFK webinar if your organization is located elsewhere), to learn the protocols of working with TFK.
- After attending orientation, the main contact will need to complete the TFK Letter of Agreement signed by the executive director. If the main contact is the executive director, the form should be signed by a board member.
Once all these steps are complete, the main contact will be granted full access to the TFK Agency Portal, where he/she can:
- Access the full listing of TFK event offerings
- Request tickets to these events
- Submit post-event reports accounting for ticket usage
- Find useful agency resources including best practices for different types of trips
- Receive period email updates for exciting new events
Ready to see if you are qualified to be a part of our network? Go to our Agency Sign-Up Form to begin the application process!